A couple vids for Alex. SM MR2 at Nationals

Southwest Montana SCCA discussions for the 2008 season.
RayAR
Lord

A couple vids for Alex. SM MR2 at Nationals

Postby RayAR » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:08 pm

1990 Mazda Miata. Most fun you can have with only 116 HP!!!!!!

Alex
Lord

Re: A couple vids for Alex. SM MR2 at Nationals

Postby Alex » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:11 pm

Yep, I have been following Randy's build / results (and occasionally debating suspension theory with him) on one of the MR2 forums for a while now. Pretty sweet car, and though my car (or driving) will probably never be in the same leage as his, its an inspiration for sure.

MikeJ
Overlord

Postby MikeJ » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:41 pm

Alex wrote:Yep, I have been following Randy's build / results (and occasionally debating suspension theory with him) on one of the MR2 forums for a while now. Pretty sweet car, and though my car (or driving) will probably never be in the same leage as his, its an inspiration for sure.

Does he have any tips on curb jumping? :twisted: Sorry couldn't resist.
Ex-RE

Alex
Lord

Postby Alex » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:11 pm

MikeJ wrote:
Alex wrote:Yep, I have been following Randy's build / results (and occasionally debating suspension theory with him) on one of the MR2 forums for a while now. Pretty sweet car, and though my car (or driving) will probably never be in the same leage as his, its an inspiration for sure.

No, but I do. You have to get a good running start, and once you commit, don't hesitate, or you will never get a good jump out of it:)

RayAR
Lord

Postby RayAR » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:54 pm

MikeJ wrote:

I used to be a curb jumping pro. :oops:
Tip #1: Get a good running start(30-35 MPH should do) and instead of hitting the brakes, push in the clutch instead. Keep pushing real hard in hopes that you will slow down enough to get through the turn. It also helps if you have been practicing your left foot braking technique but that not a requirement, a good brain fart also seems to help.

Tip #2: Only works with High horsepower cars with closly space pedals. When you stand on the brakes, make sure part of your braking foot is still pushing on the throttle pedal. That way you have no chance of slowing down for the turn.

RayAR
Lord

Postby RayAR » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:32 pm

HMMM, Thats weird. One of the links goes to Andy Mckee's SM2 RX7. Oh well, it's also pretty cool.

Return to “Autocross 2008”