Car Numbers

Check here for help registering, etc
matwood
noob

Car Numbers

Postby matwood » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:32 pm

I'm ordering a number/class graphics and wondered if I should ask and get approval for number or just beg for forgiveness? I'm in STS class and thinking #54 with ability to block out one number. Thanks to any one with suggestions. Several ads in SCCA 'Sportscar" mag that look cheap and assume they hold-up. Thanks.
Mike

Dogeater
Underlord

Re: Car Numbers

Postby Dogeater » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:58 am

Mike,
You should be ok with those numbers, I don't recall off the top of my head, but I don't think anyone in sts has that number. When you order number sets, usually it's a good idea to get a third digit, like a one. I bought mine from izoomgraphics.com Be sure to get numbers that are interchangeable, and not fixed on one 'panel'. Be sure to double check your class before you order as the ST classes had some changes last year.

Mel Kuipers
Sr. NooB

Re: Car Numbers

Postby Mel Kuipers » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:59 pm

we went with 75, and so far no one has used it...the 75 is on the same sheet of magnetic backing...then we also got a 1, so can be 75, or 175, or 751...have never been the same as someone else in our class....there may not have been anyone with the same number in another class...I think the rule book specifies that if you have two drivers one driver is a # (like 75), and the other one is 175....it looks to me like two cars can be the same number as long as they are in different classes....www.scca.com now has the rule book on line and downloadable, or if you want I can look thru my old fashioned paper book version for 2010--let me know...you might also pick a number and then cruise thru the data from previous events to see if someone else is using it---that would insure you are unique...like your goat
Mel Kuipers

Return to “Help, suggestions, etc.”