SCCA is trash canning another prepared class.

Southwest Montana SCCA discussions for the 2006 season.
RayAR
Lord

SCCA is trash canning another prepared class.

Postby RayAR » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:26 pm

Looks like BP is going bye-bye. They killed AP last year forceing some of the competetors into the new last year XP or in excess cars went to EM. Looks like the BP competitors will be forced to do the same thing. Personally I think that the SCCA is just trying to insure that XP is a succesfull class and also helping the rather dismal EM numbers in the process. The only local racer this might have an effect on is Gordy.

That reminds me. My car is legal in both CP or XP. I will need to check the PAX numbers and see what class has a softer PAX for next season. :D I need to be at 3050lbs in CP but can run as low as 2400lbs in XP. I think it would be tough to even get to 2800lbs but if XP has a softer PAX that is where I will run.
1990 Mazda Miata. Most fun you can have with only 116 HP!!!!!!

fastneons
Overlord

Postby fastneons » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:23 pm

I cried a little :cry:

Not really! :lol:
2002 Porsche 911....almost as fast as an srt4

RayAR
Lord

Postby RayAR » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:17 pm

fastneons wrote:I cried a little :cry:

Not really! :lol:

It just looks like the SCCA is going after the big bore american iron classes allthough Mazda RX7s have been winning their share of BP titles lately. To bad for the SCCA that CP is one of the largest classes at nationals because I have feeling the SCCA would like to get rid of us "rebels" also.

RayAR
Lord

Postby RayAR » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:18 pm

The more I am hearing about this the more it sounds like SCCA is planning on doing a wholesale restructuring of both prepared and modified withen the next couple years. From the info I could gather It allmost sounds like they want to reduce the amount of prepared and modified classes to 5 total.

Return to “Autocross 2006”