Montana Challenge season wrap up

General Discussion for SWMT SCCA
mdlfCRXs
Lord

Montana Challenge season wrap up

Postby mdlfCRXs » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:58 am

The Montana Challenge wrapped up this weekend with the completion of the 3rd event. The weather was ideal and drivers got 10 runs in each day on courses designed my Milan Plachy and james Pappalo. Thank you guys.

The weekend was dominated by Bill Blaquiere, Yellowstone SCCA, in his SSP Corvettte, who ran away with Top PAX both days. Nice driving Bill!
Dave Kirk took top RAW time both days and Jordan Cooke from Great Falls, Montana SCCA, was the fastest on street tires both days. James Papallo proved its more about the driver than the car by placing 2nd and 3rd in PAX in his well worn Honda Civic.

The event ran without a hitch thanks to everyones attention and hard work.

Thank you everyone that attended and joined in the fun.

I will calculate the Montana Challenge scores and get them posted soon. Awards will be presented by the Great Falls Club at Top Gun, August 18 in Helena.

Enjoy some warm weather racing through the end of the season. We are past the half way point in the season, so make sure you get to some events before they are all gone.
Last edited by mdlfCRXs on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
J. Rose
Club Regional Executive-2016
Butte-Thats right
FR-S in STX

Mel Kuipers
Sr. NooB

Re: Montana Challenge season wrap up

Postby Mel Kuipers » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:34 am

I echo James above....great weekend, once again showing our club's teamwork colors...fwiw, we had 69 total drivers, adding up the drivers from both days....at 20 runs for the weekend, that is a total of 1380 total timed runs....and that does not count the buck runs....wow, and the computer never hiccupped ....knock on wood...thanks again to all for a memorable event...
Mel Kuipers

Return to “Solo 2018”