Call for nomination of club officers/new competition chair

SWMT SCCA Auto-Cross discussion
mdlfCRXs
Lord

Call for nomination of club officers/new competition chair

Postby mdlfCRXs » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:59 am

It is time once again to elect club officers for the 2017 season. I am inviting all club members to consider participation as a club officer. All of the positions are manageable without any special skills or training, and other members and officers will gladly assist you in learning the details or answer questions about the responsibilities. Time investment for these positions is also small and the tasks are typically easy to handle.

If you have the slightest interest in participating in club planning and operations I invite you nominate your self, or someone you know will accept the position. The only requirements are that you area a licensed SOLO SCCA member and a SWMTSCCA participating member.

I will leave nominations opened for 2 weeks then we will form a ballot to mail to club members. Nominations will close on November 8, our nations election day and ballots will be mailed out the following week.

Positions available are listed with current club officer included. I will consider the current officers as a nominee for this election unless they notify me otherwise.

Regional Executive (like the president) - James Rose
Assistant R.E. (vice-president) - Jonathan Mudge
Treasurer - Joe Evers
Competition Chairman - Mel Kuipers* VIP - Mel will not be able to continue as club Comp chair, Russ Kaiser has been our past Comp chair but had other obligations last year.

We are most definitely in need of a [b]Competition Chair for this coming season.[/b] The Competition Chairman arranges permissions for sites access for each race event, files the insurance documents electronically to SCCA for each event, and confirms the event chairman, and safety stewards for each event. For 2017 the Helena event dates are already planned and approved, the other venues have dealt with us for several years so the site managers are aware of how our events work and the planning is usually made through a simple, short phone call to these sites. There are a number of club members who have served as event chairs and we have a list of qualified safety stewards to choose from.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing your name added to the ballot.
If you have any questions post them here or contact one of the club officers listed above.
List your nomination in this thread.

This is a great opportunity to bring new ideas and new faces to the club.
J. Rose
Club Regional Executive-2016
Butte-The Political Power Center
FR-S in STX, the other white one.

mdlfCRXs
Lord

Re: Call for nomination of club officers/new competition cha

Postby mdlfCRXs » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:11 am

No one?
J. Rose
Club Regional Executive-2016
Butte-The Political Power Center
FR-S in STX, the other white one.

DaveMk1
Lord

Re: Call for nomination of club officers/new competition cha

Postby DaveMk1 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:26 am

I suspect that thee just isn't much traffic here anymore and that it might be necessary to go to Facebook.

dave
Dave K
2014 Westfield Mega S2000
Now on a diet and working on adding just a bit of muscle.

Return to “Solo 2016”