Club equipment update

SWMT SCCA Auto-Cross discussion
mdlfCRXs
Lord

Club equipment update

Postby mdlfCRXs » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:55 am

Alex has sorted out the new wireless timing lights we purchased this spring and they have been working very well.

The laptop has had a few hiccups and may be showing its age. Mike K. and Alex selected a new laptop that will fit our needs and Joe ordered it last week. We got for an amazingly low price, I thought. It should be ready for the next event and we will now have a back up as well.

We have had intermittent issues with the timing display board not working. Alex fixed the computer plug-in wiring. We initially thought it was a software glitch, but this weekend Jason found a loose wire at one of the power cord plugs. It looks to me like a generic piece. Getting that replaced will solve our timing board issues.

With these fixes we should be in good shape to finish the season and beyond.
J. Rose
Club Regional Executive-2016
Butte-The Political Power Center
FR-S in STX, the other white one.

BluToyBoy
Underlord

Re: Club equipment update

Postby BluToyBoy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:36 pm

Wow - long no speak here..
Great event by all involved last weekend, but my real purpose today is to obtain pertinent info on your wireless timing system. It sure worked well - what kinda work was needed to "sort it out", where to purchase, how much, etc.?? I'm thinking I'd like to get this improvement purchased and working smoothly before going back to the menial ranks as a lowly worker next year. Yay! Any info? Thanx, Don

mdlfCRXs
Lord

Postby mdlfCRXs » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:47 pm

Don- i will have Alex give you all the details. From my perspective these lights are very easy to setup and run. They can run independently too, without a computer. So far they have been very dependable and trouble free. They were a worthwhile purchase at this point. We have a cleaner setup and lots more flxibilty with how to set a course.
J. Rose
Club Regional Executive-2016
Butte-The Political Power Center
FR-S in STX, the other white one.

BluToyBoy
Underlord

Postby BluToyBoy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:00 pm

Thanx, James - what I was hoping for.. I think a new computer and a wireless timing system should set us up for a long time. And I can enjoy the benefits while just a peon again.. Don

BluToyBoy
Underlord

Postby BluToyBoy » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:45 am

Ummm, hello? Alex? Any answers for information on where to buy the system? Trying to get it purchased and set up for next year. Thanx, Don

Jmudge
Underlord

Postby Jmudge » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:55 pm

Alex can chime in on more details, but this is the system that we have. http://farmtek.net/motor_sports.htm
Jonathan Mudge
Assistant to the Regional Executive
2013 Scion FR-S #14 STX. A white one

BluToyBoy
Underlord

Postby BluToyBoy » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:47 pm

Thanx!! I spent some time with my friend GOOGLE last night and eventually ended up there too. Hoping it works as well for us as it seemed to for you guys. See ya next year.. ;)

Return to “Solo 2016”