Club officer nominations!

SWMT SCCA Auto-Cross discussion
kjohnson
Lord

Club officer nominations!

Postby kjohnson » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:17 am

Russ is stepping down as our competition chair. And there has been some interest expressed in opening up the process for voting for officers. Previously both nominations and voting has been done at our annual meeting held in November or December. In order to make sure everyone has a chance to vote we're trying something else. We will have online nominations open and we'll send out a mailer that can be returned with your vote.

We're currently accepting nominations for club officers. Our current officers with job descriptions are:

Regional Executive:
Currently - Kent Johnson
Description - Responsible for renewing club charter (already done for this year), networking with other clubs, responding to phone and email inquiries from prospective members and answering questions about upcoming events, organizing meetings, etc.

Competition Chairperson:
Currently - Russ Kaiser
Description - Schedules events, requests sanctions, sends in event audits. Makes sure we have races to attend.

Treasurer:
Currently - Joe Evers
Description - Keeps track of club finances, balances checkbook, makes deposits, files taxes.

Feel free to nominate yourself or another member for any position, the only stipulation being if you nominate another person we'll make sure they actually want the job before voting takes place. Nominations will be accepted until Monday the 15th.

Let me know if I need to fix the job descriptions. Thanks again to Russ for all he's done.

Mel Kuipers
Sr. NooB

Re: Club officer nominations!

Postby Mel Kuipers » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:23 am

Kent....thanks for the process....I hereby nominate: James Rose for RE, Joe Evers for Sec Treasurer, Dave Kirk for Chief of Tech Course Design.....I am uncomfortable nominating myself for anything, but if I am nominated by someone else for Competition Chair, I will accept the nomination....
Mel Kuipers

DaveMk1
Lord

Postby DaveMk1 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:42 am

I would like to nominate Jonathan Mudge for RE. Jonathan has expressed interest in this position and think he could do a very good job.

I would also like to nominate Mel Kuipers for Competition Chair and think he is very well suited for the job.

A YUGE (trump-like 'huge') thanks to Russ for being comp Chair for so long and do a great job. Thanks Russ!

dave
Dave K
2014 Westfield Mega S2000
Now on a diet and working on adding just a bit of muscle.

Mel Kuipers
Sr. NooB

Postby Mel Kuipers » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:05 am

if elected to CC, I will lean heavily on Russ, and only hope I can approach his level of achievement in that Role....his commitment and success at that role is exemplary....
Mel Kuipers

mdlfCRXs
Lord

Postby mdlfCRXs » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:08 pm

Thank you Mel, I accept. And now Mudge and I are competing again! I s cond Mels' nomination for Comp chair and Joe's for treasurer.
J. Rose
Club Regional Executive-2016
Butte-Thats right
FR-S in STX

Jmudge
Underlord

Postby Jmudge » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:03 pm

Except this time I'm not betting. :wink: I third Mel for CC and Joe for treasurer.
Jonathan Mudge
Assistant to the Regional Executive
2013 Thion FR-Eth #193 STX. A white one.

Mel Kuipers
Sr. NooB

Postby Mel Kuipers » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:55 pm

Kent ...I don't see above that on line voting will be available, and we are in Az til April with only infrequent mail delivery....can we vote on line by ballot, or with an email?...that would help us a lot...I will vote for myself, since a faint heart never filled a flush....ok, rumors to that effect are moot....
Mel Kuipers

kjohnson
Lord

Postby kjohnson » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:08 am

Mel Kuipers wrote:Kent ...I don't see above that on line voting will be available, and we are in Az til April with only infrequent mail delivery....can we vote on line by ballot, or with an email?...that would help us a lot...I will vote for myself, since a faint heart never filled a flush....ok, rumors to that effect are moot....

We're doing the ballots by regular mail only this time around. It's the best way to keep it fair, anonymous, and make sure non members don't vote. Next time it might be good to try creating a members only forum online for a vote here on the message board, or a third party polling site with a private link or something, but keeping it simple this time.

If you want to vote and you know you won't get the mailer because you aren't at home, or whatever, you can email me if you don't care about keeping it private. I'm not sure how to really handle that and keep it anonymous and private. If there's a better address I can send your ballot to just let me know, I'd like to try and get your vote.
'72 Datsun 240Z - With full interior.

JoeE
Drover

Postby JoeE » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:51 pm

I 3rd, or 5th or whatever all the nominations above, except for that treasurer guy, is he trustworthy?

I don't see a nomination for Assistant RE. I wonder if we could agree that the runner up in the hotly contested RE race would be the ARE?

Also, I would like to thank Kent for his years of service, how many has it been? RE is kind of a thankless job, with duties that no one else in the club really sees, so thank you Kent!
Joe
1991 911 grey goober

Jmudge
Underlord

Postby Jmudge » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:04 pm

I like that idea. It should be called Assistant to the Regional Executive. The Office, anyone? :D
Jonathan Mudge

Alex
Lord

Postby Alex » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:56 pm

JoeE wrote:except for that treasurer guy, is he trustworthy?

Well, so-far he hasn't taken all of our money and run off to Mexico... so I think he's OK. Just OK though :P
'91 MR2 V6 - Why do I keep taking this thing apart?!?
'89 MR2 N/A - Needs a little work.

Mel Kuipers
Sr. NooB

Postby Mel Kuipers » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:25 am

I think Joe is from Mn, so that makes him above average....I like the RE, ARE idea above...if there are more nominees, then the top two....Kent thanks for the mail adjustment offer---you can mail to us c/o Viewpoint Golf Resort, 8700 E University #5407 , Mesa Az 85207....that will get it to us...email will also work for us---we are not shy about who knows how we vote----Kent, note, later I added our site number 5407....
Mel Kuipers

kjohnson
Lord

Postby kjohnson » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:22 am

Thanks Joe!

kjohnson
Lord

Postby kjohnson » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:26 am

Looks like we'll be doing a vote for R.E. this might be a first. Have we ever had more than one candidate? Interesting.

Anyways, Mudge, James, do you guys want to write a paragraph or a page about why we should vote for you, or how much the other guy sucks, and I can stuff that in the envelopes with ballots? It doesn't have to be much.

mdlfCRXs
Lord

Postby mdlfCRXs » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:17 pm

Thanks Kent, I will write something up. The first part of course is obvious and self-explanatory, but the second part could take some time, I will try to keep it brief.
J. Rose
Butte-Thats right
FR-S in STX

Mel Kuipers
Sr. NooB

Postby Mel Kuipers » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:13 pm

R u saying ther is a lot of material to cover for the second part? I would like to have you give the top priorities for the next 1 to 5 years---iyho
Mel Kuipers

mdlfCRXs
Lord

Postby mdlfCRXs » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:41 am

I have sent Kent my statement about why I am running for club R.E. I thought I would include it here as well for everyone to read while we wait for ballots to arrive.

James Rose - club member for 9 years
Candidate for Regional Executive for the SWMTSCCA
February 18, 2016

I am running for the position of SWMTSCCA Club Regional Executive because I want to keep the club vibrant and appealing for the current members, and to attract new members. An engaged club officer will recognize improvements needed for future events.

My focus will be to work with the core membership who are active in conducting club events to be as prepared and best equipped as possible for each season and each event. The goal is to continue to have our events operate efficiently and smoothly, for two reasons:
• Maintain the fun-factor for working members by minimizing problems the day of events
• To provide a positive experience for new or visiting participants

I want to ensure club funds are used responsibly while supporting equipment upkeep and other expenses required to make our events as problem free as possible. I want to ensure that the club maintains good relations with our host sites so we can continue to use their facilities in the future.

One of the greatest assets this club has is the friendship, camaraderie, and social aspect. I want to share that with others with similar interests. I will attempt to attract a few new members each year to maintain a viable club and enhance the race day experience for everyone.

In the long term I will make every effort to acknowledge that hard work of club members and celebrate the accomplishments of our racers through social events where the club can gather and enjoy the moment. I would also like to discuss:
• Hosting a national level event
• Sponsor a Street Survival School
• Continue to sponsor EVO Schools as interest indicates

I believe active, positive leadership can sustain the energy and enthusiasm in the club.

Thank you.
J. Rose
Butte-Thats right
FR-S in STX

kjohnson
Lord

Postby kjohnson » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:41 pm

Mudge, you're up. If you do or don't want to make a similar statement let me know. I'd like to start working on getting ballots mailed out soon.

Jmudge
Underlord

Postby Jmudge » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:21 pm

Sorry about that...

Jonathan Mudge - Entering my 4th year with the club

James and I have talked and we both had the same thoughts about the direction we want our club to go. I want to increase and sustain new members of our club, and to make them feel welcome. I am a big believer in being proactive, so we minimize mistakes and problems in how things are run, and also to make events run safer.

Like James, I would like to get our club more involved with National events, and trying to host one eventually. We need to utilize our resources better to accomplish these things, so I would propose making a financial budget. The Evo Schools will continue as long as there is interest, and I would like to host the Challenge School sooner rather than later.

I believe this club needs a more active leadership so we can accomplish these things.

Thanks!
Jonathan Mudge
Jonathan Mudge

kjohnson
Lord

Postby kjohnson » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:12 am

Ok, I'll get the ballots sent off this weekend.

DaveMk1
Lord

Postby DaveMk1 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:08 am

If help is needed in stuffing envelopes or the like let me know.

dave
Dave K

kjohnson
Lord

Postby kjohnson » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:59 am

Ballot envelopes are stuffed. I just have to get stamps today and get them mailed out. They say due back 03-03 on them, I figure that gives everybody about a week from the time they get the ballots to mail them back. Hopefully that is sufficient time.

Good luck to the candidates. Especially Mel, the competition is fierce.

mdlfCRXs
Lord

Postby mdlfCRXs » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:12 am

Thanks for taking care of this Kent.
J. Rose
Butte-Thats right
FR-S in STX

Mel Kuipers
Sr. NooB

Postby Mel Kuipers » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:51 am

Kent....thanks for the address adjustment....ballots received in Az, voted, and in the mail back to you
Mel Kuipers

DaveMk1
Lord

Postby DaveMk1 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:01 am

Thanks Kent - I got my ballot and returned it.

dave
Dave K

WD40
Lord

Postby WD40 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:36 pm

I like it...my envelope appears to have a smudge of motor oil on it. :lol: :shock:
WD40 Reverend GripShift
'04 SVT Focus 3-Door
My SuperMotors Site

kjohnson
Lord

Postby kjohnson » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:57 pm

Yeah, motor oil... definitely motor oil.

Jmudge
Underlord

Postby Jmudge » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:43 pm

Thanks Kent! My ballot got put in the mail today.
Jonathan Mudge

kjohnson
Lord

Postby kjohnson » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:44 am

I hope everyone got their ballots mailed back, if I don't get them today they won't be counted. I got a ton of ballots in them mail already though!

For future reference, don't put a return address on the envelope when you mail the ballot back to me (*cough* Mel) *cough*), it defeats the purpose of a secret ballot. I'll try not to look at your vote when I pull it out of the envelope it will just go in a stack and be counted later.

We should know by the end of the day who our new officers are.

Mel Kuipers
Sr. NooB

Postby Mel Kuipers » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:44 am

Kent. Our RV park will not mail a letter w/out return address. Besides we are ok w you knowing how we voted. Thanks for the work.
Mel Kuipers

kjohnson
Lord

Postby kjohnson » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:11 am

That makse sense Mel, sorry for calling you out about it.

wiseriver
Underlord

Postby wiseriver » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:41 am

Well.... I guess you'll know who the person is when you get a ballot postmarked from Butte.... :lol:
We were given two ears and one mouth for a reason. Listen twice as much as you speak and you'll surely learn something

2000 Mazda Miata
2001 BMW Z3 M Coupe --- the "Clown Shoe"

mdlfCRXs
Lord

Postby mdlfCRXs » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:51 am

Yes for sure! Who would he vote for anyway? As with anyone voting in Butte you might also have to make sure they aren't voting multiple times under names of deceased residents. Kind of a history of that in Butte.
J. Rose
Butte-Thats right
FR-S in STX

Mel Kuipers
Sr. NooB

Postby Mel Kuipers » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:02 pm

I thought voting "early and often" was Chicago....but I can see how Buttes would enjoy it also....
Mel Kuipers

Return to “Solo 2016”