Road America Video

Southwest Montana SCCA discussions for the 2014 season.
wiseriver
Underlord

Road America Video

Postby wiseriver » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:55 pm

Here is a link to a video I took while back at Road America this past June. It's a fantastic 4.1 mile, extremely fun track to drive on. Jeff Miklautsch and Phil Schrumpf from Missoula also went. The same 3 day event will be held again next June. The other added feature is that we could take passengers with us in the car !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5MO9bh ... HRU4fYo0PQ
We were given two ears and one mouth for a reason. Listen twice as much as you speak and you'll surely learn something

2000 Mazda Miata
2001 BMW Z3 M Coupe --- the "Clown Shoe"

WD40
Lord

Re: Road America Video

Postby WD40 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:57 am

Nice vid!
Love to see you closing up under braking.

All you guys with the trailers and tow rigs. :x
I gotta drive there and back in the same car. :(
WD40 Reverend GripShift
'04 SVT Focus 3-Door
My SuperMotors Site

kjohnson
Lord

Postby kjohnson » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:35 am

That's a long video, sorry I couldn't bring myself to watch the full 1/2 hour. Looks fun though!
'72 Datsun 240Z - With full interior.

wiseriver
Underlord

Postby wiseriver » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:07 am

WD40 wrote:Nice vid!
Love to see you closing up under braking.

All you guys with the trailers and tow rigs. :x
I gotta drive there and back in the same car. :(

I came prepared with some good brakes to be able to run deep into the corners. It's some of the hardest braking you will ever encounter. You need a very good set of track pads, fresh high temp brake fluid, and and extra set of rotors ( just in case ). Jeff drove there and back in his car..... and I may do the same next year. A trailer sure is nice though.... just in case.

kjohnson wrote:That's a long video, sorry I couldn't bring myself to watch the full 1/2 hour. Looks fun though!

The video is from one track session of about 30 minutes or so..... Thought I'd let others see what a session would be like for that long. There were around 25 or so other cars on the track at the same time. However, because of the length, and the spacing of the cars, it was pretty wide open most of the time. At times I was able to find some comparable cars to run with.... and that was a blast.
We were given two ears and one mouth for a reason. Listen twice as much as you speak and you'll surely learn something

2000 Mazda Miata
2001 BMW Z3 M Coupe --- the "Clown Shoe"

Return to “Solo 2014”