2014 Pax.

Southwest Montana SCCA discussions for the 2014 season.
DaveMk1
Lord

2014 Pax.

Postby DaveMk1 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Well the new numbers for next season are out and it looks like there have been some changes.

Dave

http://home.comcast.net/~paxrtp/rtp2014.html
Dave K
2014 Westfield Mega S2000
Now on a diet and working on adding just a bit of muscle.

kjohnson
Lord

Re: 2014 Pax.

Postby kjohnson » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:40 am

None of the changes are any good for me. :cry:
'72 Datsun 240Z - With full interior.

DaveMk1
Lord

Postby DaveMk1 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:28 am

It looks like it's time to build an SS car - that number went WAY down.

dave
Dave K

JoeE
Drover

Postby JoeE » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:31 pm

I would have to assume all the stock factors are a guess at best since those classes are brand new.

The new BSP factor is going to make it easier for me to get beat by Russ for the SP category glass.
Joe
1991 911 grey goober

DaveMk1
Lord

Postby DaveMk1 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:37 pm

JoeE wrote:I would have to assume all the stock factors are a guess at best since those classes are brand new.

The new BSP factor is going to make it easier for me to get beat by Russ for the SP category glass.

I'm going to run in Hstock and see if anyone notices.

Shhhhh!

dave
Dave K

mdlfCRXs
Lord

Postby mdlfCRXs » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:27 am

This change presents quite a conundrum and put me in a quandary (this is not a new sportscar). So C Stock/C Street goes from DOT-R to 140 wear street tires (I think this year you can still use DOT-R rubber), you can add adjustable shocks while maintaining the same ride height, and that is about it. Yet the PAX for C Street is now 0.821 and for STX (the other class choice) is 0.827, virtually the same. STX could be spendy, but you can add coilovers, camber adjusters front and rear, engine tune, header, wider wheels. You can change ride height in STX, not in C-Street. I thought Ruth would use RTR times to adjust for Street since that is considered the transition group.

Looking at National results the STX class was faster by 2-4 seconds over C Stock and RTR. So with essentially the same PAX and potentially running 2-4 seconds faster it seems to make sense to go to STX, despite the high cost.
J. Rose
Club Regional Executive-2016
Butte-Thats right
FR-S in STX

DaveMk1
Lord

Postby DaveMk1 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:23 pm

mdlfCRXs wrote:This change presents quite a conundrum and put me in a quandary (this is not a new sportscar). So C Stock/C Street goes from DOT-R to 140 wear street tires (I think this year you can still use DOT-R rubber), you can add adjustable shocks while maintaining the same ride height, and that is about it. Yet the PAX for C Street is now 0.821 and for STX (the other class choice) is 0.827, virtually the same. STX could be spendy, but you can add coilovers, camber adjusters front and rear, engine tune, header, wider wheels. You can change ride height in STX, not in C-Street. I thought Ruth would use RTR times to adjust for Street since that is considered the transition group.

Looking at National results the STX class was faster by 2-4 seconds over C Stock and RTR. So with essentially the same PAX and potentially running 2-4 seconds faster it seems to make sense to go to STX, despite the high cost.

Or............gut the car, chop the fenders for huge flairs, put on some 12" wide wheels in front (wider in back of course) and then drop a V8 in and run in EM...........it's the only practical choice!

You're welcome.

dave
Dave K

mdlfCRXs
Lord

Postby mdlfCRXs » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:21 pm

DaveMk1 wrote:
mdlfCRXs wrote:This change presents quite a conundrum and put me in a quandary (this is not a new sportscar). So C Stock/C Street goes from DOT-R to 140 wear street tires (I think this year you can still use DOT-R rubber), you can add adjustable shocks while maintaining the same ride height, and that is about it. Yet the PAX for C Street is now 0.821 and for STX (the other class choice) is 0.827, virtually the same. STX could be spendy, but you can add coilovers, camber adjusters front and rear, engine tune, header, wider wheels. You can change ride height in STX, not in C-Street. I thought Ruth would use RTR times to adjust for Street since that is considered the transition group.

Or............gut the car, chop the fenders for huge flairs, put on some 12" wide wheels in front (wider in back of course) and then drop a V8 in and run in EM...........it's the only practical choice!

You're welcome.

Of course! I clearly haven't considered all the possibilities. Anyone have Viper engine lying around?

dave
J. Rose
Butte-Thats right
FR-S in STX

Mel Kuipers
Sr. NooB

Postby Mel Kuipers » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:26 pm

Rose...just read the tag summary of your post...I am thrilled to see you show off your national level racing...it makes the two times I spanked you after you became a national level driver, just that much more significant...for those who don't have time to read the fine prints
I run ahead of a National Level Driver---you should be afraid!!!!
Mel Kuipers

DaveMk1
Lord

Postby DaveMk1 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:20 pm

Mel Kuipers wrote:Rose...just read the tag summary of your post...I am thrilled to see you show off your national level racing...it makes the two times I spanked you after you became a national level driver, just that much more significant...for those who don't have time to read the fine prints

You are a bit scary Mel.

dave
Dave K

Alex
Lord

Postby Alex » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:13 pm

Mel Kuipers wrote:Rose...just read the tag summary of your post...I am thrilled to see you show off your national level racing...it makes the two times I spanked you after you became a national level driver, just that much more significant...for those who don't have time to read the fine prints

I sense an acute case of Racing Withdrawl (WD). Given that we have about 4 months of ice and snow before racing season starts again, and how far your case of WD has already progressed, I have to say the outlook is not good Mel. I prescribe a winter of occasional racing in Arizona, to ward off further symptoms.

Note: I am not a doctor, and I don't play one on TV :D
'91 MR2 V6 - Why do I keep taking this thing apart?!?
'89 MR2 N/A - Needs a little work.

mdlfCRXs
Lord

Postby mdlfCRXs » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:45 am

Mel:
Those are some great credentials you have! Just don't show them the roster of my results!

You will have to do a lot of early season racing to get a good ranking if you are taking the later part of summer off. That is confidence. Every race missed is like a 0.1 sec off you time.
J. Rose
Butte-Thats right
FR-S in STX

Return to “Solo 2014”