NEW ITINERARY. Coneheads is a preregistration only event.

Southwest Montana SCCA discussions for the 2013 season.
Jeff Thill
noob

NEW ITINERARY. Coneheads is a preregistration only event.

Postby Jeff Thill » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:48 am

Attention everyone. Coneheads will be a preregister only event. You can register here.
http://mtscca.motorsportreg.com/

Registration closes September 4th. This will allow us to be better organized in the morning and get more runs in during the day. Thank you for your understanding.

Check in is from 7:00am till 8:00am. The morning meeting will shortly follow. The board will have run groups and work assignments already on it and will be displayed Friday evening and at 7am Saturday morning. Run group #1, it is mandatory to have your cars in the grid before the morning meeting. Run group #2, please come to the morning meeting prepared to immediately leave for your work assignments. There will be no changing of numbers or classes after online registration closes. Please make sure you have registered correctly. If you have a class or number problem, please contact me before online registration closes. I know this is earlier than normal, but I am trying to get everyone as many runs as possible. With a smaller crowd, starting early, pre-registration only, two run groups instead of three, I want to shoot for 9 or 10 runs! Lets make this happen!

COME JOIN US AT OUR 1st ANNUAL CONE HEADS RACE!!!

Top 5 people rated in PAX/RTP get 5 SCCA cones each toward their club total.

Top 6 - 10 people rated in PAX/RTP get 4 SCCA cones each toward their club total.

Top 11 - 20 people rated in PAX/RTP get 3 SCCA cones each toward their club total.

Top 21 - 30 people rated in PAX/RTP get 2 SCCA cones each toward their club total.

Top 31 - 100 people rated in PAX/RTP get 1 SCCA cones each toward their club total.

WHICH CLUB WILL TAKE HOME THE MOST CONES AND BE CROWNED THE FIRST WINNER OF CONEHEADS?? LET THE COMPETITION BEGIN!

PURCHASE A COLLECTIBLE T-SHIRT FOR ONLY $15. THEY ARE SOFT, FIT WELL AND WILL GIVE YOU FOND MEMORIES OF YOUR FIRST CONEHEADS EVENT EVERY TIME YOU WEAR IT! VERY IMPORTANT NEW BREAKING NEWS................ GET REGISTERED ONLINE FOR BOTH DAYS BEFORE AUGUST 25TH AND PURCHASE A T-SHIRT!!!! YOU WILL THEN BE RIGISTERED TO WIN MANY PRIZES LIKE A BRAND NEW SWEET ROLLING TOOL BOX WITH WOOD WORKBENCH ON TOP, BROOMS, WORK GLOVES, COOLER AND WHAT EVER CRAZY THINGS I DECIDE TO BUY!

***Delicious breakfast burritos and BBQ Lunch will be available for purchase on site. VERY REASONABLE! The same great people that are at all our events.***

FREE ON SITE CAMPING, FREE INSIDE BATHROOMS, FREE HOT SHOWERS. CAMPING AVAILABLE FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY

Entry Fees:

SCCA Member: $35 for one event (Saturday and/or Sunday) $60 for both. When using online registration for the first time, please enter your name as it appears on your SCCA membership card so that your membership can be validated.

Non SCCA Members: $50 for one event (Saturday and/or Sunday) or $75 for both. This includes an on site $15 weekend SCCA membership which is 100% reimbursable if you buy an annual membership. (Buying an annual membership means you will no longer have to pay weekend memberships, you are eligible for end of the year trophies and money payouts)

***To get an annual membership, please visit http://www.scca.com/about/index.cfm?cid=44704 ***

***THIS WILL BE A TWO DAY, COMBINED TIME EVENT TO WIN CONES. SINGLE DAY ENTRIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE***
Last edited by Jeff Thill on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

DaveMk1
Lord

Re: Coneheads will be a preregistration only event.

Postby DaveMk1 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:04 am

Cool - I look forward to it.

dave
Dave K
2014 Westfield Mega S2000
Now on a diet and working on adding just a bit of muscle.

Jeff Thill
noob

Re: NEW ITINERARY. Coneheads is a preregistration only event

Postby Jeff Thill » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:10 pm

Hope to be running by 8:30 at the latest

WD40
Lord

Postby WD40 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:15 am

Jeff;
Will you have the run groups posted online for those of us that can't get to the track on Friday evening?
Thanks!
(And, please use something other than Facebook)
WD40 Reverend GripShift
'04 SVT Focus 3-Door
My SuperMotors Site

Jeff Thill
noob

Postby Jeff Thill » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:43 am

Sorry about the long wait on the answer. I didnt get a reply notification on this thread so I must have not clicked that checkbox. Plus I have been on vacation for 10 days lol. Thanks for sending me the pm. The board will be up Friday evening as well as 7am Saturday morning. Everyone can go and look right away in the morning. I will try and post the run groups but am very very short handed at this event. Like very short handed. Lol. Even if I don't get run groups posted, there will be plenty of time in the am to look at them so no worries. But once again, I will do my best to find the time and remember to do this. Thanks for the good idea.

WD40
Lord

Postby WD40 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:49 am

I guess the point I'm making is that if the board isn't posted till 7AM on Saturday, (not everyone can get there Friday) and the first run group has to be gridded before the drivers' meeting at 8AM, that doesn't give us much time to unload, prepare the car, and walk the course.
It's still dark at 6:30 so getting there earlier really doesn't help much.
WD40 Reverend GripShift

'04 SVT Focus 3-Door

My SuperMotors Site

Jeff Thill
noob

Postby Jeff Thill » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:44 am

I see your point if someone does not show up till the morning of the event. For sure!

I will do my very best. I promise and swear on the bible to try my hardest ;) Just so no one thinks I am being lazy..... I have all my officers not able to help at this race. I have had a problem at home and am having to take care of my kids during the daytime. I still haven't completed all my fireworks season business and haven't been in my insurance office since the 1st of June. I worked during my family vacation and caught hell for that lol. Things are stacking up. Anyway.... Once I get them done in the computer I will send the file to my office and ask them to type it all out. The guy that usually does all our posting is going to nationals. I might just email it to all the individuals instead of posting on all the different forums and facebooks and and and. LOL. Hopefully this will work. Like I said, I will try my best. I promise ;) I have my check in table team of folks ready to go. Thanks to all you not in my club and those in my club for help with that. I am currently looking for someone to design the course and be the head safety. I have a couple feelers out there. Trying to get t-shirts ordered today and get all the artwork done. I do all the design work and the back of the shirt is not even started.... oopsy on my part. LOL. Anyway, sorry about not giving you a hard commitment on the previous answer. If worse comes to worse and I don't get it done, I will announce the run groups over the loudspeaker at 7am. I will also have the board next to the check in table and you can look at it all at once. Once again, great suggestion and I will promise to try my best and get it done at every expense.. Thanks again for the great suggestion.

Jeff Thill
noob

Postby Jeff Thill » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:04 pm

Plus it will help with anyone that has registered in the wrong class or with a wrong number! And believe me it has happened more than one would think. Mostly because of season numbers within motorsportreg. Once again, great suggestion.

Jeff Thill
noob

Postby Jeff Thill » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:09 pm

An e-mail has been sent to everyone registered for Coneheads. It has you work assignments and heat assignments. We are trying something new so that we can try and offer you as many runs during the day as possible. Please check in and sign waivers between 7am and 8am. If you find your name under work assignments for heat #1, that means you are working first. If you find your name under work assignments for heat #2, that means you are driving first. Please have your car in grid before the morning meeting at approximately 8:15 and be ready to race immediately following the meeting. If you are working in heat 1, please bring anything you need and be prepared to go directly out to your work stations after the morning meeting. Thanks and can't wait to see everyone here.

Return to “Solo 2013”