Event Organization Volunteers

Southwest Montana SCCA discussions for the 2012 season.
kjohnson
Lord

Event Organization Volunteers

Postby kjohnson » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:29 am

In the past there have been a small group that takes care of much of the organization of the events. I think that's getting better, and there are a few people who have expressed interest in helping out. Here is what you need to get started...

Event Chair: The easy way to get started is to ask to be co-EC for an event. You can contact Joe, Mel, Russ, myself, or anyone who you see EC an event to help you with that. Joe has made a list of duties for the EC which he or I can provide upon request. Also, keep in mind the new discount we are giving to Event Chairs to make the position more desirable.

Safety Steward: Keep in mind we need 2 Safety Stewards at each event, in order for the SS to participate he needs a backup. If you are interested in becoming an SS you can contact Joe. You'll have to read all the safety information in the rule book and take a test.

Tech: Pretty straight forward, if you want to help out with tech at an event you can talk to Alex and he'll show you how to do the inspections.

Course Design: Our head course designer (unofficially) is Dave K. and he is willing to help out any would-be designers. Also, here is a great document for reference to get you started - http://www.houscca.com/solo/courses/Course_Design_4-1-2.pdf.
'72 Datsun 240Z - With full interior.

Return to “Solo 2012”