Helena (10/8) Caravan?

Southwest Montana SCCA discussions for the 2011 season.
Eggplant
noob

Helena (10/8) Caravan?

Postby Eggplant » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:05 am

I won't be able to make the event this Saturday (9/24) but plan to attend the Helena event on 10/8, weather permitting. Would anyone in the Bozeman/Belgrade area like to "caravan" up there together? Perhaps we can have a "fast" and "slow" group as my recent professional introduction to a fine upstanding member of the Idaho State Patrol has made me quite cautious since then...

DaveMk1
Lord

Re: Helena (10/8) Caravan?

Postby DaveMk1 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:33 am

We usually have a group that leaves early from City Brew on 19th. We go about 75 on the highway - no need to go faster - that's what the racing is for!

Check again when we get closer and we'll set it up.

dave
Dave K
2014 Westfield Mega S2000
Now on a diet and working on adding just a bit of muscle.

Mel Kuipers
Sr. NooB

Postby Mel Kuipers » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:49 am

Eggplant--about 10 years ago, I met one of those "fine, upstanding" Id patrolman...the one I met had no sense of humor, and it cost me $150...did your intro to him cost you too?
Mel Kuipers

Eggplant
noob

Postby Eggplant » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:36 pm

Mel Kuipers wrote:Eggplant--about 10 years ago, I met one of those "fine, upstanding" Id patrolman...the one I met had no sense of humor, and it cost me $150...did your intro to him cost you too?

Hi Mel,

Yes, it was a $150 speed tax... the officer was polite but I could tell he was no-nonsense. I was speeding and deserved the ticket, but it is no fun regardless. I'd been thinking of buying a used Cayman S or even a Lotus Elise, but I'm not sure what the point is of having a fast car anymore. If I am lucky I'll do the two Lewiston DEs next year and some AutoX, but where is the fun anymore of a nice mountain road? I guess you win some and lose some, but the ticket has taken the wind out of my sails.

Alex
Lord

Postby Alex » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:50 pm

I too recently met an ID state patrolman... nice guy :roll:

I wasn't even trying to speed, it was that section across the pan handle where they change the speed limit 4 times in 40 miles for, as far as I could tell, no good reason. Granted, I was in my MR2 (what, the road got twisty? I'm supposed to slow down for those?).
'91 MR2 V6 - Why do I keep taking this thing apart?!?
'89 MR2 N/A - Needs a little work.

spazz240sx
noob

Postby spazz240sx » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:48 pm

I as well have met a couple of those upstanding officers of the ID state patrol. 2 years ago in my white 240 coupe, im still not absolutely sure what tipped them off but I was way over the limit through the craters of the moon park. Those nice sweeping back and forth curves, and the yellow warning signs saying its not safe to drive over 60 for the next 13 miles.. anyway they were waiting for me in like the last half hour of highway between boise and the mt border. I was stuck behind truck traffic so I wasn't over the limit when they caught up to me but I was following a little to closely to the car in front of me, so said 2 of 3 troopers. Oh and my rear license plate had apperantly fallen off somewhere, oops.. 50 dollar ticket and no humor, definitely takes the fun out of a road trip..

Return to “Solo 2011”