What Class is Joe really in?

Southwest Montana SCCA discussions for the 2011 season.
RayAR
Lord

What Class is Joe really in?

Postby RayAR » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:24 am

I think on the day before events he sets up a Dart board with various classes and where the dart hits is the class Joe runs for that event. :D .
I have seen his 911 classed in SSM, ASP, AS, and now BSP
1990 Mazda Miata. Most fun you can have with only 116 HP!!!!!!

JoeE
Drover

Re: What Class is Joe really in?

Postby JoeE » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:32 am

Darn it Ray, you have figured out my technique!

Explination: When I originally got my car I think I may have run it in ASP (the SP class it was in 3 years ago) not realizing that the removal of the rear seat backs (by the previous owner) bumps me out of SP. So then I went to SSM. Last winter I added a roll bar (Strongly encouraged in the Solo rules...) which requires the removal of the seat backs, and probably weighs 4x what the seat backs weigh. Also the 911s like mine got moved from ASP to BSP by the SEC.
The AS thing is a mistake, I was driving my Dad's bone stock RX7 at Top Gun.
Joe
1991 911 grey goober

RayAR
Lord

Re: What Class is Joe really in?

Postby RayAR » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:54 pm

JoeE wrote:Darn it Ray, you have figured out my technique!

Explination: When I originally got my car I think I may have run it in ASP (the SP class it was in 3 years ago) not realizing that the removal of the rear seat backs (by the previous owner) bumps me out of SP. So then I went to SSM. Last winter I added a roll bar (Strongly encouraged in the Solo rules...) which requires the removal of the seat backs, and probably weighs 4x what the seat backs weigh. Also the 911s like mine got moved from ASP to BSP by the SEC.
The AS thing is a mistake, I was driving my Dad's bone stock RX7 at Top Gun.

Good explaination.

Hey how did you like that RX7 ? They used to be classed in SS and dominated before the Z06 era so I am assuming they are pretty good autocross cars. Could they be the new car to have in AS?
1990 Mazda Miata. Most fun you can have with only 116 HP!!!!!!

Return to “Solo 2011”