Stock class sway bar proposal

Southwest Montana SCCA discussions for the 2011 season.
gowgngo
noob

Stock class sway bar proposal

Postby gowgngo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:27 pm

the most recent fastrack has a new proposal for Stock class that would allow either a front or rear sway bar upgrade (but not both)- the current rule set (which goes back several decades evidently) only allows for a front sway bar change.

I wrote in support of this proposal as it takes away the argument that car x benefits more from a front sway bar change than car y. The rule was written originally as almost all cars were RWD, obviously things have changed with a large number of FWD and AWD competing anymore. It's possible a front sway bar may still be more beneficial than a rear for many cars (regardless of the type of drive), but this leaves the decision to the contestant to make

if you care to comment on this proposal (or any other) they have gone to a new format (no longer accepting emails) where you submit comments on this online form

http://www.sebscca.com/index.php

mike
Simplify and add lightness - Colin Chapman

kjohnson
Lord

Re: Stock class sway bar proposal

Postby kjohnson » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:03 am

Thanks for letting us know. I always thought it was weird that they allow a front sway bar change to begin with. Stock class is an odd beast. I probly won't comment on the proposal officially, but I'd just as soon have them remove the allowance for a front bar.

I wonder how much this change would affect the classing, it could make a lot of FWD cars much more competitive to the point where they need to be bumped up in class, and that in turn could make them less competitive. Isn't car classing fun?
'72 Datsun 240Z - With full interior.

Return to “Solo 2011”