The Definitive 2010 Season’s End Party and Awards Thread

Southwest Montana SCCA discussions for the 2011 season.
DaveMk1
Lord

The Definitive 2010 Season’s End Party and Awards Thread

Postby DaveMk1 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:12 am

As you no doubt have read by now the season's end party for 2010 will be held at MacKenzie River Pizza Co in Belgrade on January 13th, at 7:00 pm. We will have food and drink and after telling lots of lies about the past racing season there will be an awards ceremony.

There will be two types of awards given. The first will be based on points earned throughout the 2010 season. These points based awards will be for FTD (Fast Time of the Day) and Pax. At each event every driver earned points based on their finishing position and these points are added up and the driver with the most points wins.

The other type of awards to be given are based on votes cast by all of you, the members. As the head of the awards committee I selected a group of advisors (Joe Evers, Mel Kuipers, Russ Kaiser and Kent Johnson) to help select nominees for each category and we put our heads together, poured over the season's results and came up with a list of names for each category (FWIW no one was allowed to nominate themselves). The final voting will be done, by you, at the party on the 13th and the awards will be handed out then and there. This of course means that it is very important that everyone comes to the party so they can place their votes and maybe even more important that the nominees come to the party so that they can accept their award in person should they win.

Below is a list of the categories and the nominees for each. If any member thinks a name should be added to any of the categories please send a PM to Joe Evers or me and we will get the name added to the list ASAP.

And the nominees are - (drum roll please...........)

Most Improved 2010 - (driver who you think most stepped it up a notch in 2010)

Dave Firth
Mike Knudson
Ray Reisenauer
Alex Wilhelm

Rookie Of the Year 2010 - (must be the driver’s first year of competition)

Andre Jones

Driver of the Year 2010 - (driver who you think exemplifies the best combination of driving skill, etiquette, attitude, and sportsmanship)

Joe Evers
David Kirk
Mike Knudson
Mel Kuipers

In the next few weeks a post card will be sent out to all members as a reminder about the party/voting and the nominees will be listed on the card. So if you want other names added now is the time to PM Joe or me to let us know. I hope everyone can come and that you can bring your significant other. It should be a good time and a great way to wrap up 2010 and start 2011.

Thanks for reading,

Dave
Dave K
2014 Westfield Mega S2000
Now on a diet and working on adding just a bit of muscle.

DaveMk1
Lord

Re: The Definitive 2010 Season’s End Party and Awards Thread

Postby DaveMk1 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:28 am

I got word from Russ yesterday that he is working on the post card so if anyone wants to nominate anyone else for an award (and I hope you do) that now is the time to speak up.

PM Joe Evers or me and we'll get it done.

Dave
Dave K

Alex
Lord

Postby Alex » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:41 am

I just realized that I won't be here for this, unfortunately I fly back to California on the 10th for two weeks (I have been there for about 6 weeks out of the last two months now). Happy new year everyone, I wish I could make it for the story swapping and all.
'91 MR2 V6 - Why do I keep taking this thing apart?!?
'89 MR2 N/A - Needs a little work.

DaveMk1
Lord

Postby DaveMk1 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:57 am

Alex wrote:I just realized that I won't be here for this, unfortunately I fly back to California on the 10th for two weeks (I have been there for about 6 weeks out of the last two months now). Happy new year everyone, I wish I could make it for the story swapping and all.

Bummer - you will be missed.

Hat's off to Russ for getting the post card out. Thank you sir.

I should hav the awards in hand late this week and we'll be ready to go.

Dave
Dave K

DaveMk1
Lord

Postby DaveMk1 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:04 am

Thank you all for a fun time last night. We had a good turnout with a mix of old timers and new guys - very cool.

The awards were voted on and handed out and the Mel "The Velvet Fog' played the role of emcee and did a smooth job of it. Here are the award winners -

FTD 2010 - Joe Evers
PAX 2010 - Dave Kirk
Most improved 2010 - Dave Firth
Rookie O' the year 2010 - Andre Jones
Driver O' the Year - Joe Evers

It looks like we will have a full schedule coming up with year with the 3 local venues we have to use along with events in Helena. There will be a Montana Challenge Series again this year and the first event will be hosted by the Big Sky club and it will also be the Divisionals. Check the Big Sky site for details - http://www.bigskyregion.org/

Thanks again for coming out. See you soonish.

Dave
Dave K

JoeE
Drover

Postby JoeE » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:29 am

I also want to thank everyone for coming, it was great to see everyone.
Thanks to all for voting me 'driver of the year', I am not sure what I did to deserve that, but I certainly do appreciate it, thanks!

Looking forward to the new season,
Joe
1991 911 grey goober

mdlfCRXs
Lord

Postby mdlfCRXs » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:20 pm

Congratulations to all of the award winners, they deserve it. But what about the Pork Chop?

The party sounds like a success and a good time, and I didn't read anything in the Bozeman Police blotter about any disturbances or issues; that is good. Time is flying by, only a few more "sleeps" before we can start racing again. I am looking forward to it.
J. Rose
Club Regional Executive-2016
Butte-Thats right
FR-S in STX

DaveMk1
Lord

Postby DaveMk1 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:28 pm

mdlfCRXs wrote:Congratulations to all of the award winners, they deserve it. But what about the Pork Chop?

The party sounds like a success and a good time, and I didn't read anything in the Bozeman Police blotter about any disturbances or issues; that is good. Time is flying by, only a few more "sleeps" before we can start racing again. I am looking forward to it.

Ahhhhh..... the Chop. This year the GPC award went to Kent "The Puddle" Johnson.

dave
Dave K

Alex
Lord

Postby Alex » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:41 pm

mdlfCRXs wrote:and I didn't read anything in the Bozeman Police blotter about any disturbances or issues;

Might want to check the Belgrade paper... just in case:)

DaveMk1 wrote:
mdlfCRXs wrote:Congratulations to all of the award winners, they deserve it. But what about the Pork Chop?

Ahhhhh..... the Chop. This year the GPC award went to Kent "The Puddle" Johnson.

dave

So would that be Kent "Wheres my crank pulley going?" Johnson? :D
'91 MR2 V6 - Why do I keep taking this thing apart?!?
'89 MR2 N/A - Needs a little work.

Mel Kuipers
Sr. NooB

Postby Mel Kuipers » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:16 am

yes that is the Kent...he also goes by Kent the Puddles Johnson as he tried to spread a thin layer of it on MSU lot....since Dave Firth did the same thing in Helena, he received honorable mention...
Mel Kuipers

Mel Kuipers
Sr. NooB

Postby Mel Kuipers » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:52 pm

Dave, oh trophy meister, it might be fun to list the top 5 PAX and FTD finishers....
Mel Kuipers

DaveMk1
Lord

Postby DaveMk1 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:29 pm

Mel Kuipers wrote:Dave, oh trophy meister, it might be fun to list the top 5 PAX and FTD finishers....

I have that kind of technology -

FTD

1st - Joe Evers 71 points
2nd - Dave Kirk 69
3rd - Dave Venema 56
4th - Russ Kaiser 44
5th - Alex Wilhelm 38

PAX

1st - Dave Kirk 52 points
2nd - Mike Knudson 49
3rd - Russ Kaiser 45
4th - Joe Evers 43
5th - Dave Firth 39

A pretty tight grouping especially in PAX - very cool.

Dave
Dave K

Return to “Solo 2011”